Thursday, May 7, 2009

Maori Legends

This term as part of Maori we are learning all about Maori legends. Today we visited an exhibition about Maori legends at the museum. Cindy from the museum told us the legend about how Maui fished up the North Island of New Zealand. We were then divided into groups where we took part in acting out a Maori legend.


Read some of our stories that we wrote about our visit below.

I was the bird in the legend. Sofie
I was the second wife in the Maori legend story. Becky
I was the eel and I touched the old woman. Charlie
I went to the museum today and it was fun. I was the Grandma in the acting at the museum. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR LEAVING A COMMENT ON OUR BLOG!!

All comments are moderated by our teacher before being published online.

Please write your comment and then choose from the drop down menu 'Anonymous'. Please remember to write your first name at the end of your message. It is against our blogging responsibilities to include last names, so we ask that you abide by this please.

We'd also love to know where in the world you come from if you are a new visitor.

THANKS, FROM ROOM 12 & Sally :)